Something To Listen To

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Notice To The Devil

My love consecrated you.
It lifted you to heights
Higher than any that you could have reached alone.
I venerated you .
Put you on a pedestal
Where no one could touch you
And no one could see yourflaws.
I placed you under God and above man
And you failed me like God never will
And I thought man never could.
I loved you exclusively.
I gave you more than I ever thought I had to give.
I abandoned my self for you.
I left me like a nothing
Leaving my self worth to rot
And poison my false sense of value and security.
My false sense of love.
My twisted ideas of affectionate bliss
Induced by your devious kiss.

I was a corrupted shell
My essence was being eroded,
slowly, like topsoil in a light drizzle.
The best parts of me,
Decency, empathy,
Love, real soul nurturing love,
were drifting away
Disjointed
And I stood back discontentedly
And allowed you to rob me
of everything.
I tried to escape you,
To disassociate myself from you
But you had weakened me and
I could not fight you.
Time and time again I succumbed to your will

No more.

I am an anointed member of God's family.
He is my father who protects me and he has declared
That you no longer have dominion over me.
This temple has been renewed.
Your presence, although not obliterated has
Been subdued, your importance diminished.
Your final notice has been served
And you have been evicted
By someone who loves me unconditionally.
You are no longer welcome in this temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog